Historic artist’s cottage
About this Mansion
Size: N/A m2
Spend a London holiday to inspire at Wetherby Place. Set in a renovated artist’s cottage and studio that dates from the 19th century, this five-bedroom Kensington vacation rental is now an oasis of contemporary style. Its tucked-away location near Gloucester Road feels like a secret, but is just steps from shopping, dining and many of the city’s must-sees.
This home opens to its own private terrace with garden views—a rare luxury in the heart of the city. After a day exploring the city, unwind with an al-fresco glass of wine and watch the stars come out, or cozy up inside around the gas fireplace, TV, sound system and Wi-Fi. Both air conditioning and heating mean you’ll be comfortable no matter what the English weather serves up.
A fold-away glass wall connects the terrace to a gallery-like living room, whose cream-colored walls and furnishings are the backdrop for unique paintings and sculpture. Or follow the staircase down to the great room, which has living and dining areas and a fully equipped kitchen, all filled with exquisite modern pieces.
Five bedrooms make Wetherby Place spacious enough for groups of friends or extended family. There are two bedrooms with king beds—one with an en-suite bathroom and one with a shared bathroom—as well as two bedrooms with double beds and en-suite bathrooms. The fifth bedroom has a twin bed.
While this beautifully appointed home is an attraction in itself, its appeal also comes from its great location. Wetherby Place is 2 miles or less from Buckingham Palace, Kensington Palace and the Victoria & Albert Museum. It’s also close to Harrods, so it will be easy to tote all your shopping back home, plenty of cafés, where you can stop for a pick-me-up after sightseeing, and a variety of restaurants, where you can relive your honeymoon over a multi-course dinner.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Television
- Bedroom 2: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone bathtub, Television
- Bedroom 3: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Television
- Bedroom 4: 2 Twin size beds, Television
- Bedroom 5: King size bed, Shared access to hall bathroom with shower/bathtub combo
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Sound System
- Gas Fireplace
- Air conditioning
- View of garden
STAFF & SERVICES
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest
- 0.3 miles to Kensington Palace
- 0.7 miles to Victoria and Albert museum
- 1.1 miles to Harrods
- 2 miles to Buckingham Palace
- 2 miles to Piccadilly Circus
- 2.1 miles to Hyde Park
- 2.8 miles to Westminster Abbey
- 3.2 miles to Trafalgar Square
- 4 miles to Big Ben
- 4.4 miles to London Eye
- 12.4 miles to London City Airport (LCY)
- 13.4 miles to Heathrow (LHR)
- 48 miles to Stansted Airport (STN)